PDA

View Full Version : CATDT 'Ring Trip November 2009

CATDT
12-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Each year CAT have an annual jaunt to the Nurburgring for Colin's "holiday". Colin was trained to drive the 'Ring by Dirk Schoysman for his motor industry work and so the annual jaunt is the way he likes to keep his 'hand in' - so to speak.

All are welcome to join us and the group size has grown from 3 to 8 to 34 and last year 78 :hahaha:

It's a very sociable trip with like minded enthusiasts and includes clients who've become friends from many forums. We all enjoy a great time together and hopefully get to drive many safe laps on the 'Ring.

Following the revision to the Tourist dates now showing on the official site, our annual trip will take place early November.

The opening is
Friday 6: 09:00 - 16:30,
Sunday 8: 13:30 - 17:00
and then continuous full day opening Monday 9 onwards 09:00 - 16:30.

The CAT team are not set yet on whether we will head out Thursday 5 or Saturday 7, but either way we will definitely be there for Sunday 8 and Monday 9.

Contact Jo to let her know if you plan on joining us and if you'd like more information.

Jo

glendog74
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Sounds good Jo :-D

I'm certainly keen as i said the other day - it will be the ideal last use of the Jahreskarte before the years' end, plus i would love to see that Ford Mondeo putting more expensive machinery to shame! :hahaha:

Whereabouts do you all stay or is it spread around the various hotels?

Cheers,

Rob.

CATDT
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Usually at the Tiergarten as Colin likes his 'steak on a stone' fix. There was another suggestion made for this year which I'm looking into. Last year I made a group booking but I haven't decided how I'm going to handle it this time - the group was a tad on the large side :hahaha:

I'll add you to my list and then make sure you know all the details once they're more finalised.

Jo

Kristof Boels
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll do my best to be there on one of those dates, guys. ;)

whopwop
12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I'll do my best to be there on one of those dates, guys. ;)

Are you out next weekend Kristof 15th-17th ?

Bealo
13-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I'd be interested if i get the time off work.

What is the weather like over there at that time of the year???

I'm guessing a bit wet....

CATDT
13-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I'd be interested if i get the time off work.

What is the weather like over there at that time of the year???

I'm guessing a bit wet....
Yes it could be ... could also be white but we're happy to take our chances - Colin also prefers it as it should be quieter.

Jo

Kristof Boels
13-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Are you out next weekend Kristof 15th-17th ?

I might be there on the 17th, Whopwop. Not sure though ... If I go I'll keep my eyes open for you. ;)

AlexGTT
10-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Guys, thought I'd bring this thread alive again. As I've been with CAT DT and the GTR club at this event for a couple of years I can highly recommend going.

I'm in for sure and I know a couple of others may well be interested.

Darren and Rob, November Ring solution. Thank you please! :beer::thumbs:

Mark, can you make this a sticky thread for us?

DazBlackCSL
10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Guys, thought I'd bring this thread alive again. As I've been with CAT DT and the GTR club at this event for a couple of years I can highly recommend going.

I'm in for sure and I know a couple of others may well be interested.

Darren and Rob, November Ring solution. Thank you please! :beer::thumbs:

Mark, can you make this a sticky thread for us?

Yes I think so please :whistle:

Sticky'd up for you too :thumbs:

AlexGTT
10-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes I think so please :whistle:

Sticky'd up for you too :thumbs:

Thanking you very kindly please.:thumbs:

AlexGTT
10-08-2009, 10:57 AM
By the way guys, I have a very pleasing feeling for stretching this one into Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, possibly later. Full open weekdays at Ring. :partyman::rock:

Maybe head down on the Saturday as it's a closed day? Anyone?

DazBlackCSL
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
By the way guys, I have a very pleasing feeling for stretching this one into Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, possibly later. Full open weekdays at Ring. :partyman::rock:

Maybe head down on the Saturday as it's a closed day? Anyone?

Now that could be an idea .. be a lot quieter also:whistle:

If we book early we can get the f*** shak outhouse and spilt the rooms as its a lot cheaper way of doing it and own garage / covered area for rob's wheel changing antics !!!

AlexGTT
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Now that could be an idea .. be a lot quieter also:whistle:

If we book early we can get the f*** shak outhouse and spilt the rooms as its a lot cheaper way of doing it and own garage / covered area for rob's wheel changing antics !!!

Sounds like a plan. :smokin:

Make that a garage for Rob's wheel change antics, dropped strut nut, airbox off.................................doh! Dropped star drive.................. :bigcry: :banghead:

Sorry Rob. :wink:

glendog74
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Make that a garage for Rob's wheel change antics, dropped strut nut, airbox off.................................doh! Dropped star drive.................. :bigcry: :banghead:

Sorry Rob. :wink:

Yeah thanks... :bigcry:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1599/pussbigeyes.jpg

DazBlackCSL
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
LOL:hahaha:

CATDT
17-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Guys - don't know how I managed to miss this thread when I've been lurking :hahaha:

The dates have changed again and so we're saving our decision on when to go till we're in September (just in case they decide to change them again).

The opening is showing now as:

November 1st & 2nd, then 9th continuously.

Just so you know ;)

Jo

AlexGTT
17-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Jo. Lets keep in touch because I am definate for this, whatever the date. :thumbs:

CATDT
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi All

We have now set the dates for Colin’s annual trip to the Nurburgring. Working around the bookings we have for the business, the itinerary is as follows:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 8th November
Depart Folkestone on the 08:50 Eurotunnel crossing arriving into Calais at 10:25

Accommodation
Hotel am Tiergarten
Kirchweg 4
53520 Nurburg
Tel: + 49 (0) 2691 9220 00
Fax: + 49 (0) 2691 7911
Email: info@am-tiergarten.de (info@am-tiergarten.de)
www.am-tiergarten.de (http://www.am-tiergarten.de/)

Single rooms with bathroom, hair-dryer, TV and free wireless-lan in our main hotel building
The price is 80,00 Euro per room/night, breakfast buffet included.

Double or Twin rooms with bathroom, hair-dryer, TV and free wireless-lan in our main hotel building
The price is 104,00 Euro per room/night, breakfast buffet included.

Rooms might also be available in the guest house "Sabine's Fuchshof". The prices will be as noted below :
Single room : 70,00 Euro per room/night, breakfast buffet included Double or Twin rooms : 95,00 Euro per room/night, breakfast buffet included

Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th November – driving on the Nurburgring 09:00 – 16:30 – these are the official opening times.

Wednesday 11th November
Early departure from Nurburg to catch the 14:20 Eurotunnel from Calais arriving into Folkestone at 13:55
----------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI I have booked the Tunnel this morning and the fare was £93 return for the above crossings.

If you wish to join Colin on the trip you will need to make your own hotel and Eurotunnel bookings as there is a possibility that I will not be joining you. If this is the case then you all need to be self sufficient and responsible for yourselves!

Please let me know if you will be joining Colin and then I will make the necessary bookings for dinner at the Pistenklause as appropriate.

With thanks and kind regards
Jo

csl_mba
08-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Rooms might also be available in the guest house "Sabine's Fuchshof". The prices will be as noted below :

Im sorry but i just spat coffee out all over my desk laughing at that :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

CATDT
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Im sorry but i just spat coffee out all over my desk laughing at that :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
They haven't thought that through have they :hahaha:

Jo