PDA

View Full Version : M Mobility System

s.mac
04-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Has anyone had this done when the car is serviced and how much was it ? My car is going for a service tomorrow and I've just seen there is a place for a stamp and it should be done every 4 years.

I've noticed there isn't a stamp for coolant change which I've booked to do :banghead: there was a stamp required for my old M3 :smt017

s.mac
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
BMW don't even know the price, they will have to come back to me tomorrow, the service guy had never even heard of it :hahaha:

they did tell me I would have to pay more for the brake fluid change as it is a BBK and they have to take the wheels off to bleed the system. Sounds bollocks to me :banghead:

sailorbaz
05-05-2009, 05:39 PM
As far as brake bleeding is concerned, I am in the middle of trying to find a dealer that can do mine while I supply the ATE super Blue stuff. Would do it myself but I don't know how much weight is behind having the stamp in the book when it comes to warranty claims for Brakes. Already had front discs, pads and one caliper replaced under warranty.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a section in the service book for bi-annual brake fluid replacement...isn't there???

s.mac
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I phoned a few dealers and they were all happy if I supplied my own fluid, which happens to be the same as your choice ;)

I only got them to do it for the stamp, it will be the first stamp for the fluid although the clock had been re set for the fluid change before so I can only presume it was changed by some before I got the car.

BTW it was quoted at £45.23 if I supplied the fluid, before they through the, oh we see you have a BBK, we will need to come back to you with an additional charge.......

Coolant change is £76.53 inc vat but no place for the stamp :banghead:

with Oil Service & MOT total bill £305.43 + VAT which I thought was a very good price.

I will let you know what they say for the M Mobility system re charge and how much extra they want to take my wheels off......

sailorbaz
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I've just read on 'another forum' that someone was charged £28 or so for the M Mobility re-charge. So, I'm thinking it will be the same for yourself.

Unbelievable though as they are quoting me between £58 and £70 even with me supplying the fluid, and you got it down to £45. :'( What's a couple of quid between friends eh?

s.mac
05-05-2009, 07:58 PM
That is the price with them supplying fluid. I find they just try their luck until you question them :whistle:

Thanks for the heads up on the £28, I can now have a laugh with them when they try it on...

s.mac
06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
£28 or so for the M Mobility re-charge

They want £68.00+ vat for a new one, so I've told the about the above and they are coming back to me :whistle:

azrael
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Your dealers are a bargain, Snows in Portsmouth rob me blind!

s.mac
06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm trying to get my mirrors changed as they have rust spots on them and I'm still under the AUC warranty, the induction flap has an intermittent fault,they say cant be done as it's not faulty when they tried it :banghead:

So I've tried calling BMW customer service who have put me on to Park Lane BMW as they are not a franchise, if they confirm that they would fix the problems under warranty I may be OK. Just waiting for them to come back to me. I have said I believe they are both common faults to which I get we've not heard of them......

The M Mobility is £68+ vat and they won't shift, it has to be a new unit and can't be recharged .........