PDA

View Full Version : Alarm sensitivity

mattbedford
24-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone know how to turn the sensitvity of the alarm down? If a Cockroach farts it will go off. My cat only has to look at it wrong and away it goes !!:banghead:

Mark CSL
24-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Press the lock button 2 times to turn off the interior sensors:thumbs:

Or go to bm and get it tested could be a fault

sailorbaz
24-04-2009, 09:16 PM
In the three years I've had mine, I've never heard the Alarm. I think I may have it tested too. Isn't there a way you can do it yourself Mark? As we all know, Dealers may charge a small fortune. :birdman: Unless the warranty will cover it of course....

And I don't need any of the 'attempt to steal it' comments from the funny boys! :whistle:

glendog74
24-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I've never heard my alarm either although the 'clowns nose' glows nicely!

My movement sensor does start 'beeping' if i jack the car without first unlocking the doors, however! :hahaha:

sailorbaz
24-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Ah, just remembered. Every time I take the car over to Ireland I get told by the crew of the ferry that alarm has been going off all crossing! :whistle:

And to prove it, the wee Clowns nose is giving it big licks telling me she's been interfered with. ;)

csl_freak
31-01-2010, 09:00 PM
The bonnet sensor is prone to failure, this makes the alarm very sensitive and go off without any apparent cause, had mine replaced twice.

shane@mbtech
31-01-2010, 09:08 PM
They make a bleeping noise, similar to a pelican crossing bleeping but louder, not a siren as per other manufacturers.

Mine was going off when I locked my mate in(habit of getting out and pressing lock) , I was in the bank and could hear louding bleeping noise, didnt have a clue until I got back to the car, and my mate was laughing, apparently people thought he was trying to nick my car.

shane@mbtech
31-01-2010, 09:09 PM
The bonnet sensor is prone to failure, this makes the alarm very sensitive and go off without any apparent cause, had mine replaced twice.

Yeh but surely this would show whilst driving and cause it to not engage gear on the csl?

sailorbaz
31-01-2010, 09:29 PM
They make a bleeping noise, similar to a pelican crossing bleeping but louder, not a siren as per other manufacturers.

Mine was going off when I locked my mate in(habit of getting out and pressing lock) , I was in the bank and could hear louding bleeping noise, didnt have a clue until I got back to the car, and my mate was laughing, apparently people thought he was trying to nick my car.

Out of interest, could your mate get out of the car? IIRC, the deadlocks don't let you unlock and open the doors from the inside.

cslgirl
01-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Ah, just remembered. Every time I take the car over to Ireland I get told by the crew of the ferry that alarm has been going off all crossing! :whistle:

And to prove it, the wee Clowns nose is giving it big licks telling me she's been interfered with. ;)

Same here on the IOW ferry lol. Sounds like a chorus with all the cars alarms going off.

shane@mbtech
01-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Out of interest, could your mate get out of the car? IIRC, the deadlocks don't let you unlock and open the doors from the inside.

Dont think he tried, so cant answer that one sorry, easiest way to check your alarm is working, is lock car with windows down then pop your head in after 1 min, also try to open door from inside see if it works.