PDA

View Full Version : Pistonheads CSL - Owned by some Sheikh?

Housey
14-04-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/966139.htm

Anyone know this motor? Of course the hi-fi crap would need to be binned but wondered if anyone knows, er, the Sheikh who owned it? Just seen that an inspection 1 has just been completed so wonder if that was the first service after the 1200 inspection...which would not be good. I assume an oil service would have taken place too.

Nords
14-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Housey, I suspect it has had an oil service too around 10K but Nick hasn't mentioned it. He posts on here so he might see this thread. It should have had the brake fluid done every 2 years too, although I could live without that as long as it has been recently. Nick had the pads changed all round, fluid done and the front PF discs added on mine about 3 months ago and it was £1500... plus VAT! Eeeek!

It looks like one of those screen head units where it slides out and then flips up?

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/966/966139-6.jpg

Go on, you know you want to! He'll take RS4 in PX!

Housey
14-04-2009, 06:42 PM
I have spoken to him in the past about such a swap, it needs to be right however. I need to scratch the itch really...

Nords
14-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Ooooooooh you do! You know it makes sense. Check the seats for more than 2 mins too matey, I'm a bit snug in mine and you're a bit like me!

Housey
14-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Ooooooooh you do! You know it makes sense. Check the seats for more than 2 mins too matey, I'm a bit snug in mine and you're a bit like me!

I had a sit in Shimmy's the other week at Donington and they are tight but I can live with that. They are not as good as the buckets I had in my GT3 however, they fitted me fine and were much more comfy.

Andyk
14-04-2009, 07:45 PM
The car was for sale on Piston Heads last year. It was owned by some chap in Gloucester. I know because the plate caught my eye.....Mine is K33 WEL and was tempted to try and buy his K33 CSL plate off him.

j2csl
15-04-2009, 09:59 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/966139.htm

Anyone know this motor? Of course the hi-fi crap would need to be binned but wondered if anyone knows, er, the Sheikh who owned it? Just seen that an inspection 1 has just been completed so wonder if that was the first service after the 1200 inspection...which would not be good. I assume an oil service would have taken place too.
if it was the frist service after 1200 inspection why would it not be good

sailorbaz
15-04-2009, 11:20 AM
After the 1200 mile service, the 1st service should have been an Oil Service, then an Inspection I, another Oil service and then the mighty Inspection II before starting the sequence again.

I agree with Nords, probably had an Oil service around 10K, but definately worth checking out if interested.

Housey
15-04-2009, 11:44 AM
if it was the frist service after 1200 inspection why would it not be good

Because 18,800 miles between services is to long by around 8,800 miles in my book. I covered well over 100K in 2 E46 M3's from new and had them serviced every 10K or so. As has been said I would expect an oil service to have been carried out around 10K anyway then followed by an Inspection 1 at 20K.

Housey
15-04-2009, 11:46 AM
The car was for sale on Piston Heads last year. It was owned by some chap in Gloucester. I know because the plate caught my eye.....Mine is K33 WEL and was tempted to try and buy his K33 CSL plate off him.

I wonder if he was based at the world famous colony of wealthy Sheikh's in Gloucester then? ;)

j2csl
16-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I wonder if he was based at the world famous colony of wealthy Sheikh's in Gloucester then? ;)
what do you think of this car think it would good one to buy

cslsuperfan
17-04-2009, 12:18 AM
i test drove this car 4 weeks ago @ NJ's.
It had a gruppem fitted which was an experience!!
The clutch was spot on with no slurring.
The car itself has been stored outside as there was alot of oxidation under the bonnet and the paintwork needed a detail.

I ended up buying nick hudson's AKA Windowlicker.
Nick's car was the best of the 2.....by a mile.

Andyk
17-04-2009, 06:27 AM

All I now is that is def the car I saw....perhaps he/she sold it to the Sheikh's.....or perhaps the number plate was sold to the sheikh, but that plate was on a CSL for sale on Piston Heads last year.

Andyk
17-04-2009, 06:29 AM
It had a gruppem fitted which was an experience!!

Bet that was an experience...a chap has one on his CSL in my street and it sounds terrible....far to loud and takes away the character of the CSL.

sailorbaz
17-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Bet that was an experience...a chap has one on his CSL in my street and it sounds terrible....far to loud and takes away the character of the CSL.

I bet that WAS an experience! I had one on mine and it was too loud for me. I know CSLgirl has one on hers and swears by it.

On another note Andy, TWO CSL's in ONE street??? :119:

Jeff
17-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm looking forward to a quieter car ie Milltek. My current GT3 with Manthey kit sounds gorgeous but it's 105db static so rules me out of many track days. Shhh, don't tell any prospective purchasers :)

cslgirl
17-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I bet that WAS an experience! I had one on mine and it was too loud for me. I know CSLgirl has one on hers and swears by it.

Hehe... I do like to make some noise:supz::supz::smokin:

Hazy
17-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I have to say when me and Radders were after two CSL's at the same time, we went to Nicks place to view the four example he had and all of them were totally and utterly shite, but top money, he hadnt even bothered hoovering them out or washing them properly, and three out of the four cars has vald tyres, I mean properly bald, shocking.

Housey
17-04-2009, 12:41 PM
what do you think of this car think it would good one to buy

With just 2 posts in this forum may I ask why you feel confident this would be a good car??

Housey
17-04-2009, 12:44 PM
All I now is that is def the car I saw....perhaps he/she sold it to the Sheikh's.....or perhaps the number plate was sold to the sheikh, but that plate was on a CSL for sale on Piston Heads last year.

My point was not to doubt what you saw, just that the car is a 1 owner if I read the advert correctly and he was a Sheikh.. :-D

Ade
17-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm looking forward to a quieter car ie Milltek. My current GT3 with Manthey kit sounds gorgeous but it's 105db static so rules me out of many track days. Shhh, don't tell any prospective purchasers :)

Clutch in!

Ah, but it's less zorst noise on the CSL. It's induction!
Mind you, I'm toying with the idea of putting on the straight through section for a laugh :smokin:

3wheels3
17-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Get one Housey. Would be great having you at Donny etc. with all the rest of us and I'd be guaranteed a good pub nosh up after for the all important debrief, to many lightweights sometimes. There's one of my special steak pies from Inverness in it if you get csl!

I'd thought if I sold you mine but then I wouldn't have one.....

Housey
17-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Get one Housey. Would be great having you at Donny etc. with all the rest of us and I'd be guaranteed a good pub nosh up after for the all important debrief, to many lightweights sometimes. There's one of my special steak pies from Inverness in it if you get csl!

I'd thought if I sold you mine but then I wouldn't have one.....

:supz:

Mmmmmm, steak pie !!

j2csl
17-04-2009, 01:28 PM
With just 2 posts in this forum may I ask why you feel confident this would be a good car??
thinking of going to look and maybe buy what you think

Housey
17-04-2009, 01:37 PM
thinking of going to look and maybe buy what you think

As I am asking about the car I suggest I am not the best person to ask that question.

Andyk
17-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Hehe... I do like to make some noise:supz::supz::smokin:

Steady this is a family forum.

Andyk
17-04-2009, 04:32 PM

Bloody common as muck around here...:hahaha:

cslgirl
17-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Steady this is a family forum.

:hahaha::hahaha: