PDA

View Full Version : SG 04 plate potentially back up for sale!!!

Windowlicker
28-03-2009, 08:08 PM
As title, my car is possibly back up for sale due the purchaser not being able to raise finance on the car!
See here for the original advert.
More pics added.
Just had its oil service, 15,500 miles to next service.
http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527

Still at £28,000 which is realistically and fairly priced in comparison to older (by registration, as most are 03/53 plates) cars with more miles and standard brakes.

glendog74
28-03-2009, 11:35 PM
They're all the same age within a few months...

I still say keep it! ;)

Gastro
28-03-2009, 11:44 PM
They're all the same age within a few months...

I still say keep it! ;)

But that is a pedantic point. Ok their true age is that, but it doesn't take away the fact that they may have been on the road between 2003 and 2004/5 does it.....

The latter point makes the car potentially more weathered doesn't it ?

Windowlicker
29-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Granted we all know the build date was 2003 at some point,but as with every car that exists, and with every person who bestows some irrelevant value to a 54 plate car over an 04 plate, either way its newer :thumbs:
Though at the end of the day mileage is mileage, as it would seem a lot of these cars are stored over the winter months and see only dry miles and/or weekend use, the average mileage of one of these after 4-6 years is that of a 2-3 year old car.
I was originally looking at buying an 05 plate car, 1 of only 3 UK registered cars on an 05 plate apparently, but it had 55,000 on , so i didnt bother and chose something "Older" with less than half the mileage.:whistle:

I wouldnt mind keeping it as it is a stunning car, but as the sprint series has kicked off again, i am getting itchy feet and would like to try more of the MSA events this year as well as the MLR series.

Windowlicker
29-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Right then, 4 pm's in one evening lots of interest, a couple from Europe, i dont know best how to arrange things with regards being fair to people and trying to arrange viewing is a nightmare as 1 may say he can get over next weekend, the other asks is it sold, i say someone is potentially coming next weekend, but i dont want to mess the guy around who cant come for a week as he will be making plans whilst at the same time someone else is wanting to come over before him :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So basically , the best i can do is, first come first served, if someone turns up and either buys it or leaves a SIZEABLE deposit , then and only then is it sold.
cant think of any fairer way, sorry peeps.
Thank, Nick

Nords
29-03-2009, 05:56 PM
That is the only way you can do it, best of luck!

Windowlicker
29-03-2009, 05:58 PM
That is the only way you can do it, best of luck!

Thanks, i hate buying / selling cars it totally does my Tits in :bigcry:
How stressful can something so relatively simple be :banghead:

Windowlicker
30-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Forgot to mention on the original ad, it has a full years mot as of last week and taxed till end of june.
New rear springs been fitted tomorrow morning as when the service was done they pointed out Both rears were missing a coil !!!! not happened since i have owned it, apparently its a noise you cant not hear.
So must have been like this when i bought it.
BMW have said they will pay for the springs, Castle BMW in york are fitting in the morning at my cost.

Windowlicker
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Car temporarily removed from sale due to a descrepency on mileage held by HPI.:banghead: as and when i have sorted this issue i will place it back for sale.
I dont want to be accused of giving incorrect info or misleading people, the problem needs sorting .

dave1
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
hpi are a bunch of idiots had loads of trouble with them over the years good luck there

Windowlicker
06-04-2009, 06:44 PM
hpi are a bunch of idiots had loads of trouble with them over the years good luck there

Thanks Dave, they are on with , having spoken today.
Apparently anyone using there online site to HPI a car , have the option of putting a mileage in a box, and that then shows up when some one else hpi's the car, so a little finger fumble later in sept of last year, and someone has managed to add 37,000 miles to my car!!!

Oh its possible that happened, the lady says, or it could just be someone entered the wrong registration and entered a mileage from an entirely different car on to your cars details :banghead:
What the fook is that all about i asked, how can you possibly allow unsubstantiated mileages to appear on other people car history.
Well if we checked eveyone we would have a full time job doing just that , she said.
Thats also why we dont guarentee the mileages shown are correct.
What a shocking pile of shit the system is.!!!

dave1
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
they are tossers mate trouble is when your selling and it happens, when you tell the potential buyer hpi are tossers they dont believe you:banghead:

Windowlicker
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
they are tossers mate trouble is when your selling and it happens, when you tell the potential buyer hpi are tossers they dont believe you:banghead:

I know, the guy that came on friday, had a 10 hour round trip, and basically left with nothing, as it was impossible to prove the hpi system was wrong, its always going to sound like "well you would say that'
To be honest though, he is happy its incorrect and as the guy at castle BMW said when i picked it up after its springs were done , thats one of the cleanest ones we have seen, fantastic condition. Which is nice :hahaha:
I just need to have it removed , then i can continue with the sale.

Windowlicker
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
SOLD , and gone :bigcry: , was a short but truly enjoyable few months, at least i have had chance to experience a truly amazing car ,:supz:

Take care all, enjoy the summer :thumbs:
Cheers, Nick

bryce
12-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice on mate, you'll miss it though!