PDA

View Full Version : SG 04 plate,22,500 miles Testing the water.

Windowlicker
16-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi there,
Not really sure what to do , i am thinking of selling the car, so here goes with a provisional ad.

Some pics of the car here......http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959

SG car,
04 plate
22,500 miles
Full BMW history, due for an oil service now, which i will get done.
The PS2's it has on have done around 2200 miles and are barely worn at all.
Xenon lights
Air con
BMW business radio/cd
Front rear electric windows (not sure if this is standard or optional)
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Comfort screen
Floor mat set.
CSL Plaque (new)
AP Racing 6 pot fronts and 355mm 2 piece rotors.
AP Racing 4 pot rear calipers using standard rear rotors.
F Carbon- carbon fibre front strut brace.

Car apparently used to be owned by one of the Sytners, not sure which one .

The front bumper has stone chips on, something i debated sorting but in reality they would have returned soon anyway unless i had it wrapped.
BHP who i spoke to before buying the CSL (not from them by the way) said they actually prefer to see them original/chipped as a painted bumper could be eitherpainted to remove chips or painted due damge caused in an impact of some sort.
The car has no dents or scratches on the panels at all, just 2 small ( 8mm long) marks on the o/s rear part of the sill , and a 5mm one on the lower part of the rear bumper.
Also the wheels could do with a refurb if being honest, no kerb marks as such, just that the previous owner i think must have had a cheap chips away type blow in paint job (on the front wheels only) which ar ea bit crappy finish wise, either way , not a big or expensive job to have done.
No finance outstanding.
Good to go basically.
Looking at the other ads, on here and trader nd Pistonheads, and also the 03 plate car with 3000 less miles o it and std brakes Nick johnson has advertised on here, i think £28,000 is a fair price.
Thanks, Nick
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/a4df24cd.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/3faed2d5.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/0098edf3.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/adf264bf.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/csl.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/csl13.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/csl8.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/csl5.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/csl4.jpg

SMD
16-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Shame to see Nick! Whats the plans?

Nords
17-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Yep shame. Looks very nice with the red APs on your original thread. £28K sounds a fair asking price, is it on BM extended warranty?

Windowlicker
17-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Shame to see Nick! Whats the plans?

Hi Si, not sure exactly dude, maybe having a fit of stupidity and going back to an Evo, not sure, just plotting :banghead:

Yep shame. Looks very nice with the red APs on your original thread. £28K sounds a fair asking price, is it on BM extended warranty?
Thanks for the comments,no BM warranty on it, but as it is an option for the purchaser of any CSl now, i will leave that option/expense up to the buyer, (if it sells that is )

SI-7
17-03-2009, 12:24 AM
O Dear...

Cracking car this...Top Bloke too

Best of luck with it pal

Si

Windowlicker
17-03-2009, 12:36 AM
O Dear...

Cracking car this...Top Bloke too

Best of luck with it pal

Si

O Dear indeed Si, :whistle: i may live to regret this, a few sleepless nights recently :banghead:
Cheers for the heads up dude.:thumbs:

Bealo
17-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Cracking looking car, good luck with the sale or whatever you decide to do..

RichW
17-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Sounds a fantastic car - will make a lovely motor for someone, best of luck :thumbs:

Windowlicker
17-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Cracking looking car, good luck with the sale or whatever you decide to do..
Thank you :thumbs:

Sounds a fantastic car - will make a lovely motor for someone, best of luck :thumbs:

Thanks Rich, it may not go , i may have a common sense attack and keep her :hahaha:

SMD
17-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I know what you mean Nick about going back to the Evo's i was thinking the same but i know i would miss the CSL and end up spending on brakes etc etc etc etc on the evo!:banghead:

SMD
17-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Not buying your old evo back?:whistle::thumbs:

Windowlicker
17-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Not buying your old evo back?:whistle::thumbs:

No si, no chance of that, i want something a little more responsive and something that wont swap ends as soon as it comes on boost :gayfight:
I have something in mind , but if it goes or mine doesnt , then such is life, i love the CSL so it wouldnt kill me to keep it :whistle:

MichCSL
17-03-2009, 08:14 PM
A stunning car. It seems in very good condition. Good luck with the sale or the other plans.

Windowlicker
17-03-2009, 11:09 PM
More pictures, not brilliant but then i am no David Bailey :birdman:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/0098edf3.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/adf264bf.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/Windowlicker_2006/3faed2d5.jpg

Its becoming an international point of interest now,:whistle: i have interested parties from France, and belgium too :supz:
The more the merrier.

glendog74
17-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Yep, i think the news has certainly hit the Continent about the £ being so weak! A UK CSL must seem a great deal right now :whistle:

SMD
17-03-2009, 11:34 PM
So its defo going then Nick?

If you want to say whats next send me a pm!:thumbs:

Andyk
18-03-2009, 07:13 AM
That was a short 3 month ownership Nick...Good luck with the sale anyway..

adymcd
18-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Nick

I have sent you a pm for your contact details

Adrian

J.D.
18-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Nick

If you could wait until end Apr early May should be in a position to make you a good offer :drool:

Jim

Windowlicker
19-03-2009, 12:40 PM
The car is having a viewing this afternoon, will keep the thread updated .:drool:

sc_bmw
19-03-2009, 02:38 PM
very nice csl buddy. cant interest u in a red tme and some cash??? :thumbs:

Windowlicker
19-03-2009, 06:44 PM
very nice csl buddy. cant interest u in a red tme and some cash??? :thumbs:

Thanks dude, but i dont do red cars, :whistle: all the best with the sale of it though, red TME dont hang round for long providing they are priced realistically :thumbs:

MichCSL
20-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Whats the status from this car? Send me PM if possible for more details.

Windowlicker
20-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Thread update,

Deposit now taken :smokin: :bigcry:
Micheal , you have PM

SMD
20-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Thread update,

Micheal , you have PM

Shame you are leaving us Nick!:bigcry:

But good luck with your next car!:thumbs:

Windowlicker
20-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Shame you are leaving us Nick!:bigcry:

But good luck with your next car!:thumbs:

Cheers dude, a short lived experience as it was, i understand the hype surrounding the car.
I would have loved to have kept it, but it ended up being a case of i cherished it too much to really enjoy it. Concerned that i was in some some way devaluing it by thrapping it and the thought of damaging overided my enjoyment .
I think a nice 500 horse evo that i can abuse at the sprints is going to be just the ticket.:smokin:
Take it cheesy dude :thumbs:

SMD
20-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I am not going back to the Evo scene mate!

Maybe hunt you down on track soon!:beer:

2bar boost
22-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Congrats on the sale Nick :beer:

I am not going back to the Evo scene mate!
:beer:
Tbh I have a great respect for how good Evo's are at being a very quick A- B blaster on almost any road conditions ;) Something I haven't yet found confidence in the CSL, although it's more down to my inadequacies rather than the cars ability :clown: Now the weathers warming up so is my raport with how the car behaves:whistle:
I still crave the feeling of boost now and then but my addiction to modding seems to of faded, not sure how much the recession has had a part in that but I will state that its down to how well put together the CSL is as a standard car.. I cant see myself going back either but the attraction is far from over :hahaha:

glendog74
22-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I haven't yet found confidence in the CSL, although it's more down to my inadequacies rather than the cars ability :clown: Now the weathers warming up so is my raport with how the car behaves:whistle:

Get it on track! That's where my confidence really grew with my car in a relatively benign environment... that and hooning about on an airfield with DSC off! ;) :hahaha:

SMD
22-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes i have been looking at Evos for sale again tonight!:banghead::whistle:

2bar boost
22-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Get it on track! That's where my confidence really grew with my car in a relatively benign environment... that and hooning about on an airfield with DSC off! ;) :hahaha:

The local industrial estate looks promising if it weren't for looking like a chav and the plod patrol :hahaha:

Yes i have been looking at Evos for sale again tonight!:banghead::whistle:

For me it would have to be GT-R or GT3 :supz: but the CSL fits the bill for now :smokin:

SMD
24-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes defo, the GT3 RS is the next step but its a mssive step in money!:bigcry:

Has the CSL now gone Nick?

Windowlicker
28-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Possibly back up for sale as purchaser unable to complete the transaction :banghead:

SMD
28-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Nick!

Keep it now then, must be a sign!:beer::thumbs:

Nords
28-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Thread update,

Micheal , you have PM

Did you keep the deposit? I would have if your time has been taken up and you have put other buyers off....

Windowlicker
28-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Nick!

Keep it now then, must be a sign!:beer::thumbs:

Hi Si, a sign of the times maybe, rather than fate, we shall see dude.

Did you keep the deposit? I would have if your time has been taken up and you have put other buyers off....

We will see what the end result outcome is, it doesnt look like it will come off to be fair, so to save wasting more time, and alert interested people to its availability i am posting it back up again, i guess it will be definate by monday.
And yes, one interested party has now bought a CSL, the other 2 from Europe, may or may not be interested anymore , again, we shall see.
Cheers.

Windowlicker
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Car temporarily removed from sale due to a descrepency on mileage held by HPI.:banghead: as and when i have sorted this issue i will place it back for sale.
I dont want to be accused of giving incorrect info or misleading people, the problem needs sorting .

bryce
04-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Thats strange. Did you HPI it when you bought it? and was it fine?

Hope Mr Synters not been up to anything naughty...

md23
04-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thats strange. Did you HPI it when you bought it? and was it fine?

Hope Mr Synters not been up to anything naughty...

Probably just the useless tw*ts at the NMR getting the data wrong. Happened when I bought mine - HPI showing 84,000 miles. Called them pointing out that meant 65,000 miles done in 6m since last verified mileage which must be close to impossible not to mention the £20k fuel bill! Does no one sense check the data? Anyway, quick call and fax of MOT got it all sorted.

Hope yours is as straightforward...

Windowlicker
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Probably just the useless tw*ts at the NMR getting the data wrong. Happened when I bought mine - HPI showing 84,000 miles. Called them pointing out that meant 65,000 miles done in 6m since last verified mileage which must be close to impossible not to mention the £20k fuel bill! Does no one sense check the data? Anyway, quick call and fax of MOT got it all sorted.

Hope yours is as straightforward...

Thats about right, HPI shows 13,500 ish around april 2008, then on the 29 september 2008, it shows 51,000 miles !!! and i am selling it as having 22,500 .
That would mean 37,000 was done in 5 months, or 246 miles a day every day for 5 months solid :banghead::banghead:
The most ridiculous thing is, the figures can be entered by any members of the public having gone on the Hpi site, surely info shouldnt be entered on to the site to be viewed, unless verified and has supporting evidence.
It has suspended the sale of my car for now, and wasted a 10 hour journey of the interested partys.
The source was , as mentioned above the NMR.
Pissed off and amazed this can occur to be honest.
Hopefully get sorted next week.

Andyk
06-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Yes defo, the GT3 RS is the next step but its a mssive step in money!:bigcry:

Has the CSL now gone Nick?

Think most CSL owners see the RS as the next step...I took a 996 Turbo out this weekend though and bloody hell they are bonkers fast. Pull in 6th gear is amazing.

bryce
06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Think most CSL owners see the RS as the next step...I took a 996 Turbo out this weekend though and bloody hell they are bonkers fast. Pull in 6th gear is amazing.

Shame they're bog ugly, and boring to drive.

Windowlicker
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
As per the other thread......

SOLD , and gone , was a short but truly enjoyable few months, at least i have had chance to experience a truly amazing car ,

Take care all, enjoy the summer
Cheers, Nick