PDA

View Full Version : SG 53 CSL for sale,

the reverend
05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
The time has come for me to move the CSL on. Fantastic car and is certainly one that drivers should own or at least have a run in at some point of their lives.

Ad + photos are on Pistonheads.
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/900292.htm

Details are;
Silver Grey 53 plate M3 CSL.
First registered 2nd September 2003
50k miles, 2 previous owners, (I'm the 3rd)
Factory Options are; CD player, Xenons, PDC, removal of limiter, AC, comfort glass,
Full BMW service history,
1200 mile inspection @ 878 miles,
Oil service @ 9382 miles,
Inspection I @ 20,409 miles,
Oil Service @ 29,308 miles,
Inspection II @ 41972 miles,

4900k showing until next service which is oil change,

Car still under AUC warranty which expires at end of March and will be extended.
Wheels + Steering wheel are spotless as they've been replaced in my ownership.
Just had RTABs replaced + Full KDS so drives wonderfully.
New CSL sill trims fitted too.
On Goodyear Asymmetrics tyres, all in good condition.

No finance owing + HPI clear, bought as an AUC car.
Not tracked.

Mature, non smoking owner. Hand washed only with unmarked interior.
Only modifications are PF Pads, Goodridge braided hoses and 5.1 brake fluid.
Car is always garaged and well looked after.
No test pilots, dreamers or agents please.

I'd put it up at £27k but will obviously consider offers..
Very well maintained car, always garaged. Looking to get into a convertible with toys in it (Sacriledge I know on here!):o)

Let me know if the ad reads correctly, or if there is anything else I could do to make it sound more appealing (aside from drop the price by £5k of course)

Cheers..

The Reverend

E46ACS
05-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Looks like a good buy, and there seems to be a few people looking for the 'right car' so should be a buyer out there for you.

Good luck with the sale.

the reverend
05-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks, here's hoping it goes to a loving home. It leaves me in even better condition than I bought it in!

The Reverend

mattbedford
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Reverend. What are RTABs + Full KDS ?? Would you accept £25,000 ??

bryce
09-03-2009, 12:48 PM
RTAB's = Rear Trailing Arm Bushes

KDS = Geometry / Allignment.

mattbedford
10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks Bryce. Where's the Reverend ??

glendog74
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Where's the Reverend ??

I suggest you PM him - i'm sure he probably doesn't want the financial aspects of his car sale discussed on a public forum... :whistle:

If the warranty will be renewed as part of the deal then i think you need to up your offer a tad from £25k! ;)

the reverend
24-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks Bryce. Where's the Reverend ??

Sorry guys, I've been out of the country for the last 2 weeks. Wife treated me to a birthday trip and I'm just now getting back online and catching up.

As has been mentioned the RTAB's are Rear Trailing Arm Bushes - usually go after a while and ruin the mid corner composure.

KDS is the alignment to ensure the car handles as it should.

Matt - you have a PM sir!

:thumbs:

csl_mba
24-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Matts already got one mate

Nords
24-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Rev,

Do you have it on PH too (I haven't looked)? Cobblers, just re-read your advert and obviously you do!!! Clown that I am!

I'd say you are being realistic as hardly any new CSLs have appeared on the radar since I bought mine about a month ago... If the warranty is renewed (year paid or monthly?) then I'd be surprised if you don't get a buyer soon...

the reverend
25-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Rev,

Do you have it on PH too (I haven't looked)? Cobblers, just re-read your advert and obviously you do!!! Clown that I am!

I'd say you are being realistic as hardly any new CSLs have appeared on the radar since I bought mine about a month ago... If the warranty is renewed (year paid or monthly?) then I'd be surprised if you don't get a buyer soon...

Thanks Nords, i trust the CSL experience is still working for you!
Yes, it's on PH and I'll jut wait 'til I get the price I'm after or close to it. I've had a few put some "cheeky offers" in that needed rebuttal but that's par for the course.

Warranty has been renewed on a monthly basis so I should update the ad.
Cheers,

The Reverend

Bealo
26-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Good luck with your sale. :thumbs:

the reverend
21-04-2009, 02:35 PM
So, the CSL has now gone. What an amazing car. I've owned a fair few performance cars in my time but this has been the only one that really set my hair on fire.
The + points;
Economy - I caned the hell out of it from time to time yet it delivered 24.1 mpg over the year and change that I owned it.
For a car with 360 bhp that's staggering.

Reliability - It never failed, never once gave me a problem, always was ready for the drive of your life.

Ease of ownership - it was so easy to drive, slow or "pressing on". My wife loved driving it too. The kids adored it (especially through tunnels with the windows open!), it was also really comfortable too.

Getting noticed / Positive remarks (This is the egotist in me I suppose) It was nice having fellow car lovers notice the car and comment on it. Never once had the "Tosser in an M3" comment. Not to my face anyway, and as I'm 6'4" and 99kgs I suspect that might have had something to do with it. :o)

Driving experience - I could be here all day of course. The noise, poise, handling, performance, braking, cornering, presence, feedback, tactility, delicacy..
If you've driven one you know, if you've not you're missing out.

The - points;

The responsibility; Covers a few things, it wants to go and you always have to rein it in. It's a powerful car and you need to check yourself because it will just amble along at naughty speeds without you registering it.

The worry - I always worried what I'd do if I found someone had damaged it. I was anal towards the end. That reflects on the state / condition of the car when I sold it which was better (MUCH!) than when I bought it.
If someone had have damaged it I'm sure I'd be in clink for what I'd done to them.
This meant you always watched where you parked it and had the kids + mrs moaning about the extra 5 mins taken to do this when we went out.

Not driving it enough / track days - Frankly I should have driven it every day. There were periods where I went for a month or so and didn't even touch the thing. I should have done one track day too but was always too concerned that the brakes were rubbish and that it'd get damaged.

Overall it's the best balance between perfomance and utility I can think of for the money. You can spend more but I don't think you'll get more car.
It's a shame that BMW or other manufacturers won't make its ilk again in a rush.

Anyone thinking of owning one I'd say go for it. You're a long time dead!
Thanks to all on here for being such a lovely bunch.
I'll post again when I decide what to get next, at the moment it's looking like a 4 seat convertible. I'm done tearing up the road for the moment. (let's see how long THAT lasts)

Oh, and where did the car end up - In Germany! Apparently the CSL's there are almost all Sapphire Black and in shocking state. Also the €/£ rate meant it worked out more effective for him to take a UK one home.
The new owner promptly saw mine, fell in love, paid and came to collect it a week later, taking it to 175mph on their autobahns. He did also say we're wasting our time driving them in the UK given the rubbish laws and the state of the roads.

Good luck all.
The Reverend...

:thumbs:

glendog74
21-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice one mate, glad it all went well in the end.

I can relate to a lot of the stuff you mentioned about CSL ownership! I really think you should have tracked it, however... It's the one thing that has made me decide to keep mine for a long time to come as the car does it so well - and then you drive back home again at 'normal speeds'! :thumbs:

Andyk
21-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Well done on the sale...bet you will miss it.

the reverend
21-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the comments.
The sale was surprisingly easy. Sent him a million photos and details on the car.
He came over with his mate, both of whom just love all products M Division.
Went over the car with a fine toothed comb for hours and decided the car was even better than anticipated (all the fastidious points on ownership really does pay off) and just transferred the money to my account.
Job done, no faffing. I stopped driving the car the moment the £ hit my account.
They came back the following weekend and went with the car.

He really knew his stuff, I think now buyers are after almost spotless cars. The only way mine could have been better would be to have fewer miles but there's nothing you can do about that.

Missing it already guys. I used to just tap the boot spoiler when I passed it every day as I went to and from work on my bike and now there's a huge CSL sized hole in the garage.
Won't rule out another one at some point either.
Enjoy them while you've got them, light 'em up while you can.
:supz:
The cretins in power are doing all they can to stop us driving at any speed, regardless how safe it is.
:banghead:

The Reverend

Nords
21-04-2009, 09:20 PM
What is the plan for the replacement Rev, have I missed it or is it just the bike?
:bigcry:

I missing mine but I should see it in a couple of weeks (the car is near Oxford, I'm in Northern Ireland...)

Rags
21-04-2009, 11:40 PM
What is the plan for the replacement Rev, have I missed it or is it just the bike?
:bigcry:

I missing mine but I should see it in a couple of weeks (the car is near Oxford, I'm in Northern Ireland...)

4 seater vert

the reverend
22-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm looking at a 4 seat 'vert for the moment.
I've done the;
Jap "Rally Rep" rocket - Celica GT4 ST205,
Hot Hatch - Golf GT1 16v,
Old legend - Pug 205 GTI 1.9,
Uber Hatch - Audi S3 (remapped + modded too, all very subtle),
Refined coupe - BMW 330 Ci Sport,
Lightweight 2 seater - Toyota MR2 (Mk3),
M Division excellence - M3 CSL,

I think there are a few other categories to tick but the way this Government's road / transport policies are maturing it makes you wonder if they want anyone driving on the road with anything nice.
I'd rather hop along on my nuts than drive some econo-turd-box.

I can tolerate the 4 seat vert for the moment, especially with the weather the way it is currently.
However, I'm sure that when I'm in it with the wife + kids and they're all screaming to have the roof up because their hair is all blowing about I'll reconsider.
My youngest (8 this weekend) said,
"Daddy, I do hope the next car you get makes that much noise!"
Bless her! :smt055

Currently only the BMW 3 and Audi A4 are on the list.
Problem is, they're heavy buggers!

Decisions decisions....

glendog74
22-04-2009, 06:14 PM
One of these it is then: a perfect compromise between speed/power and rag top posing for 4 people!

[/URL] (javascript:openImgDownload();)http://img2.netcarshow.com/BMW-M3_Convertible_UK_Version_2009_800x600_wallpaper_0 8.jpg

http://img2.netcarshow.com/BMW-M3_Convertible_UK_Version_2009_800x600_wallpaper_0 5.jpg

Not a big fan myself, but you have to make sacrifices now and then! :thumbs:
[URL="javascript:openImgDownload();"]

the reverend
24-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hmm, not sure about that GlenDog! I may need to spend a little time cultivating a chest rug and nipping down to H Samuel's for the largest medallion I can find before I'm suitably equipped to pilot one of those.
;)
Also, I'm sure they're 2 seaters too.
Might get an uber hatch again... Oh I don't know, maybe I just need to drive as many things as possible.

glendog74
24-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Sorry mate, that Yank piece of poo wasn't there originally - the images have been removed as i had hotlinked them!

This is what was there:

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/glendog74/BMW-M3_E93_Convertible_mp2_pic_5-1.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/glendog74/BMW-M3_E93_Convertible_mp2_pic_5439.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/glendog74/BMW-M3_E93_Convertible_mp2_pic_5111.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/glendog74/BMW-M3_E93_Convertible_mp2_pic_5109.jpg

:whistle: