PDA

View Full Version : 61,000 miles £55,000

nw99
15-07-2016, 03:43 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e46-m3-00-06/bmw--e46-m3-csl/5945920?v=c

Chad
15-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Lots of shinny cars up for sale at the moment, I would like to see what they look like underneath, all this valetin and such means nothing to me, more pictures from running gear etc will show how they are maintained

Yanto
15-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Lots of shinny cars up for sale at the moment, I would like to see what they look like underneath, all this valetin and such means nothing to me, more pictures from running gear etc will show how they are maintained

Surely you could say this about any car 10+ yrs old ?

Chad
15-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Surely you could say this about any car 10+ yrs old ?

Hi,yes you could! but we all know what a Csl looks like all with all gleaming bodywork, my point was if I was selling I'd have pics of under a car as well, show how well maintained car should look as it may well be,and stand out from the crowd, and hopefully get plenty of interest, just my way of thinking Yanto

Yanto
15-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Hi,yes you could! but we all know what a Csl looks like all with all gleaming bodywork, my point was if I was selling I'd have pics of under a car as well, show how well maintained car should look as it may well be,and stand out from the crowd, and hopefully get plenty of interest, just my way of thinking Yanto

Chad, please use full stops in your sentences. I'm old and reading the above wore me out :thumbs:.

Chad
15-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Chad, please use full stops in your sentences. I'm old and reading the above wore me out :thumbs:.
Will try . But never got past Janet and John book one .

PeteGray
18-07-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm not one to be shy at saying something positive and pointless when another one comes up for sale, however, I do wonder if cars with this mileage are actually getting close to the asking price?

Has anyone got their eye on the market and know what's going on?

I'd be delighted if they are - still a bargain in my view (see positive and pointless).

Trawler
18-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Will try . But never got past Janet and John book one .

Don't worry Yanto has only reached book 2. How else do you think he knows about grammar. :hahaha:

Yanto
18-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Don't worry Yanto has only reached book 2. How else do you think he knows about grammar. :hahaha:

There's a second one ? :)

cslsuperfan
18-07-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm not one to be shy at saying something positive and pointless when another one comes up for sale, however, I do wonder if cars with this mileage are actually getting close to the asking price?

Has anyone got their eye on the market and know what's going on?

I'd be delighted if they are - still a bargain in my view (see positive and pointless).

I've been following the market closely since January. The cars that have sold for top money have had 100% SH, an acceptable number of former keepers, warranty and foremost are stock less AP's or an SS back box or equivalent.

The other elephant in the room is the Brexit vote. This has virtually extinguished high calibre sport cars sales.

Check out JZM Porsche website, there's quite a few RS's on their stock that have been coming down in price month by month.

nw99
18-07-2016, 08:02 PM
I've been following the market closely since January. The cars that have sold for top money have had 100% SH, an acceptable number of former keepers, warranty and foremost are stock less AP's or an SS back box or equivalent.

The other elephant in the room is the Brexit vote. This has virtually extinguished high calibre sport cars sales.

Check out JZM Porsche website, there's quite a few RS's on their stock that have been coming down in price month by month.

68,000 miler CSL sold on PH demand still there

Yanto
18-07-2016, 08:11 PM

:whistle::thumbs:

Beamer
19-07-2016, 02:39 AM
As a new CSL owner, and also new to this forum, I must say I have to agree with Chad about looking at the full picture of how a car has been looked after. My car had an amazing advert, and the previous owner sent me fantastic photos from all positions in and under the car, along with its impeccable service history.
Brexit is bad for some and good for others, I was lucky enough to be on the + side.

Chad
19-07-2016, 09:07 AM
As a new CSL owner, and also new to this forum, I must say I have to agree with Chad about looking at the full picture of how a car has been looked after. My car had an amazing advert, and the previous owner sent me fantastic photos from all positions in and under the car, along with its impeccable service history.
Brexit is bad for some and good for others, I was lucky enough to be on the + side.

Keep maintenance standards high, For a twelve year car The CSL is so dam good it's worth every penny. If your trying to impress, ( Always keep your under carriage spotless ):smokin:

cslsuperfan
19-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Keep maintenance standards high, For a twelve year car The CSL is so dam good it's worth every penny. If your trying to impress, ( Always keep your under carriage spotless ):smokin:

Chad

what do you mean about "keeping maintenance standards high" over and above servicing the car in accordance with BM guidelines.

I'm curious as I know of no csl owner who hasn't done the "above".

Chad
20-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Chad

what do you mean about "keeping maintenance standards high" over and above servicing the car in accordance with BM guidelines.

I'm curious as I know of no csl owner who hasn't done the "above".

Not being derogatory Ben , earlier post, for me said I'd like to see more pics of highly maintained under car. Not just shiny pics of paintwork . Talking about selling £50k csl. Not daily runabouts. Any body wants to give me £50k for my one owner Concours Csl snap their f----- hand off

mattCSLnut
24-07-2016, 11:03 PM

:whistle:

Chad
25-07-2016, 07:56 AM
:whistle:

Now that's what I'm talking about 👍 How many others are brave enough to show there undercarriage 😳

CraigMillwardCroft
25-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about �� How many others are brave enough to show there undercarriage ��

No pictures of yours then, need a ramp to get under mine then will take pictures will not be like Matts though.

Beamer
25-07-2016, 08:09 AM
Nice photos of the underside of my new CSL Matt!:supz::supz:

Chad
25-07-2016, 08:17 AM
No pictures of yours then, need a ramp to get under mine then will take pictures will not be like Matts though.

Don't know how to put them up ,but some in album Craig

mattCSLnut
25-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Nice photos of the underside of my new CSL Matt!:supz::supz:
:thumbs: Not bad for a 92 K miler matey :smokin:

Mark CSL
25-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Not my CSL but minted
There wont be many out there like this if its been used :whistle:

toenheel
25-07-2016, 09:14 PM
As nice as it is to see such a clean example I can't help but think what a bloody waste to not drive it and enjoy.

Yanto
25-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Those number plates belong to me now.

mattCSLnut
25-07-2016, 10:07 PM
IIRC that was Cosmic Boys CSL and he got a proper slating way back when from some of the forum members :whistle:
Mind you, he never drove the bloody thing :banghead: so just as well ;) :hahaha:

Chad
28-08-2016, 08:41 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e46-m3-00-06/bmw--e46-m3-csl/5945920?v=c

As this is a Csl value thread, Members question to you all . Would you prefer to buy from a dealer / investor , or to buy your csl from a enthusiast who cherished their pride and joy. ???

nw99
28-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Prefer to buy from someone on here and have done on 3 occasions .
Better price and so much information on the car from the seller .

Pip1968
10-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Well that black CSL with 61,000 miles is still up for sale at £54,950 so the market is clearly slow for big money CSLs.

Mine does not have high mileage but what on earth are you doing weekends to have an underside looking like that??? They are clearly not being used.

Pip

nw99
10-01-2017, 05:28 PM
The 39,000 miler for £55k at a BMW dealer hasn't sold either not easy to sell at the moment .

cslsuperfan
10-01-2017, 08:07 PM
The 39,000 miler for £55k at a BMW dealer hasn't sold either not easy to sell at the moment .

It'll pick up.....it's the same every year.

It doesn't help that the modern stuff's second hand value is in freefall (M4 etc)

Matt21
11-01-2017, 07:25 AM
I heard that the Nottingham CSL sold before Christmas from another Sytner dealer.

nw99
11-01-2017, 08:17 AM
I heard that the Nottingham CSL sold before Christmas from another Sytner dealer.

Ok good price and main dealer makes sense