PDA

View Full Version : Any Apple gurus?

pops
01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
My old laptop is more or less on the verge of going belly up and thinking of replacing with an Apple one. However, knowing sod all about comps, I have no idea which.

Called into the shop in town today and saw the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air. What's the difference? I know I could ask in the shop but they'd sell me the one that suited them to sell.

Don't really wish to pay more than £1200. The only things it'd be used for are internet access, typing monthly invoices and keeping pics on. Not into gaming or watching films on it etc.

What I do like on a comp is speed of doing things e.g. starting up, opening programs,and general usability.

Any ideas which would be the best suited? My current one is 6 yrs old and has been all over the world in a rucksack and has stood the battering well. A new one wouldn't leave the house these days.

Trawler
01-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Try calling in at the Apple shop in Oxford street. I told them what I wanted the computer for many years ago and they didn't try and sell me something I didn't need. I'm hoping the iPad pro coming out soon will do everything I need. I will call in there again to discuss my needs

Yanto
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Try calling in at the Apple shop in Oxford street. I told them what I wanted the computer for many years ago and they didn't try and sell me something I didn't need. I'm hoping the iPad pro coming out soon will do everything I need. I will call in there again to discuss my needs

I'm impressed mate.....did they take your last one in px?

CraigMillwardCroft
01-11-2015, 06:58 PM
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Trawler
01-11-2015, 08:46 PM

:hahaha: Only ever bought one computer and that's out of date. Don't plan to buy another. Going back to use a slide rule so I don't have to worry about software updates.

Bounce
02-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Don't know much about Apple,but do drink a lot of Cider from time to time if that's any help:beer:;)

pops
02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtfZCMYCP0