PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a GP?

pops
29-04-2015, 03:17 PM
GP for sale - £15K

If you've got past that first line then read on.

The CSL has killed the Mini. No surprise really. I need a second car as a runabout, nothing more.

When the CSL is away for winter I'm going to have a hare brained car as that runabout that, to be honest, is overkill.

Maybe time for someone else to enjoy it?

2006 - 56 reg
70,500 miles
Full BMW service history fully stamped up with bmw stamps up to 40,885 miles

All servicing in my ownership has been by 1320 and all receipts for such will be obtained from them

-Pre delivery check.
-Oil service @ 11,056 miles.
-Inspection 1 @ 26,918 miles.
-Brake fluid change @ 27,324 miles.
-Brake fluid change @ 36,845 miles.
-Oil service @ 40,885 miles.[/list]

Mot until Jan 2016 but will be sold with full MOT, have all the previous copies.
HPI clear and no finance on the vehicle, all receipts are present.

All booklets are included-

-john cooper works GP book.
-Service book.
-Tlc book.
-Owners manual.
-Radio handbook
-Ipod handbook
-Mini contact

Current spec :-

KW ClubSports and adjustable top mounts,
Adj RCAs,
Whiteline adj drop links,
Polybushed where needed,
GTT upper strut brace, OMP lower strut brace,
Camber of – 2 deg front and – 1.5 deg rear
BBS RC wheels, 17 x 7 in chilli red with Yoko AD08 tyres.
IRO of 25 - 30mm lower than standard.

Engine / exhaust : -

17% SC pulley
Vibratechnic top mount
Polybushed lower mount
Cat Cam, 550cc injectors and remap…currently at 250 BHP, 210 WHP
Janspeed manifold & sport cat, Milltek centre pipe with R56 Scorpion back box.

Brakes : -

AP Racing BBK to front with 2 piece discs, standard discs to rear. Mintex 1144 pads and uprated fluid and Goodridge hoses.

Interior : -

Recaro Pole Positions in half leather, half alcantara (faux but still nice)
Dash, down tubes, armrests, gaitors and dash top done in black nappa leather with red stitching.
All interior plastic in satin black
JCW leather / alcantara steering wheel

Misc : -

Vented A panels..
Wheel stud conversion.
Black roof
Front vents in body colour.
Mini Challenge rear diffusers.

As in the first line I'm looking for £15.000. I don't HAVE to sell so please, no hobo offers. Plus, before anyone asks it will NOT be broken.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t461/Brian53/matt-woods-photography-bmw-mini47-001_zpse577f3f5.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Brian53/media/matt-woods-photography-bmw-mini47-001_zpse577f3f5.jpg.html)
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t461/Brian53/matt-woods-photography-bmw-mini3-001_zps755ff695.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Brian53/media/matt-woods-photography-bmw-mini3-001_zps755ff695.jpg.html)

CraigMillwardCroft
29-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Very nice GLWS :thumbs:

J77
29-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Aye GLWS. A sorted motor that was looked after by a quality outfit.

Scott
29-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Looks the business. GLWTS

pops
30-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Now on PH so, if you know anyone who wants a mental GP, point them in this direction :thumbs:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mini/cooper-s-works/mini-mini-cooper-s-jcw-gp-------------2006/4054373

pops
09-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Just been out in 1511 for a run to keep the dinky battery charged up, the first run in it since I bought Cesil.

As already said, although Cesil wipes the floor with it in every way imaginable, as a Mini it's outstanding.

Different class of cars give different views I suppose and maybe not a good idea to compare them side by side.

Anyhow, to the point.
It's going to be having a set of Miichelin Super Sports fitted in Autumn, the AD08s will be binned and it'll be my Winter car for when Cesil is stashed

:thumbs:

plumber vic
09-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Pops
Got letter today for air bag recall today
Can forward to you or you go to dealership to sort out
👍

pops
09-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Pops
Got letter today for air bag recall today
Can forward to you or you go to dealership to sort out
👍

Thanks Vic,

You have a pm.

nw99
14-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Had GP mk1 sold it bought a CSL . Sold CSL bought GP mk2 bought another CSL .
All great cars but the CSL wins by a long way

pops
14-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Had GP mk1 sold it bought a CSL . Sold CSL bought GP mk2 bought another CSL .
All great cars but the CSL wins by a long way

Agreed.

Keeping the GP though as, with all of the mods, it drives ridiculously well.

The ironic thing is that the whole idea was to get it to be ideal as a track car and I have no doubt that it's now perfect for it. Yet now it's done I fancy taking it to a track less and less, mainly because I'm wary of some dick trying to race and trying to prove a point but only ending up running into me!

Strange that with me trying to be away less and having now what could be classed as a part time job, I have the car, I now have the time but not the will :banghead:

Maybe I'm worrying needlessly and would probably end up loving the experience of a track day.

Looking forward to Silverstone on 1st June so I can have a watch and see how it all works..

Bounce
14-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Agreed.

Keeping the GP though as, with all of the mods, it drives ridiculously well.

The ironic thing is that the whole idea was to get it to be ideal as a track car and I have no doubt that it's now perfect for it. Yet now it's done I fancy taking it to a track less and less, mainly because I'm wary of some dick trying to race and trying to prove a point but only ending up running into me!

Strange that with me trying to be away less and having now what could be classed as a part time job, I have the car, I now have the time but not the will :banghead:

Maybe I'm worrying needlessly and would probably end up loving the experience of a track day.

Looking forward to Silverstone on 1st June so I can have a watch and see how it all works..Get it booked,you'll love it,you don't have to drive fast,just follow Yanto around.:thumbs:

Trawler
14-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Get it booked,you'll love it,you don't have to drive fast,just follow Yanto around.:thumbs:

+1. Get it booked

cslsuperfan
14-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Get it booked,you'll love it,you don't have to drive fast,just follow Yanto around.:thumbs:

Pops

get yourself booked @ Silverstone

Nothing like an afternoon of discovering all the wrong lines

Trust me, you won't be alone ;)

pops
14-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Silverstone will just be an introducing myself and watching day.

Be good to put names to faces :thumbs:

cslsuperfan
14-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Silverstone will just be an introducing myself and watching day.

Be good to put names to faces :thumbs:

Likewise :smokin:

plumber vic
15-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Pops you won't need to drive it around Silverstone it knows its way:whistle:

pops
15-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Pops you won't need to drive it around Silverstone it knows its way:whistle:

It's likely to be watching over the car park fence.

Bounce
15-05-2015, 08:41 PM
It's likely to be watching over the car park fence.Drive into the paddock area and come say hello,you'll get a few pax laps I'm sure.;)

pops
15-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Was planning on doing that, just not sure I'd be able to do so.

Hopefully they'll let me.

Bounce
15-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Was planning on doing that, just not sure I'd be able to do so.

Hopefully they'll let me.They will let you in,just say your the register support :whistle:

Bounce
15-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Pay your ten quid at sign on and you can do pax laps all day;)

pops
09-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Small update.

Took The GP off the market as got bored with being asked if I'd sell certain parts off it.

Last Saturday someone got in touch and said his top price was £14k, said that was my lowest so all would be good.

Plagued by texts from then on, he spoke to 1320 who look after the GP for almost one hour, spoke to 2 people who've driven it, it is one of the best known GPs and pics and spec are all over the place on the internet, he insures it and comes this evening to collect it...from Essex to Derby.

Has a look, has a drive, then starts pulling faces.

Says to his missus "It looks stunning and drives beautifully but I'm not sure". To me that translates to wanting money off...not a soddin' chance.

Took the keys back off him, parked it up and wished him a safe drive back to Essex, never been one to be f***ed about :whistle:

What is it with these people??

MisterCorn
10-06-2015, 07:57 AM
That is very poor behaviour, a good friend of mine is being messed around trying to sell his Series 2 Land Rover. He ended up taking that off the market as he couldn't face dealing with all of the idiots around. I must have been lucky when I have been selling.

MC

jpbacs12
04-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Small update.

Took The GP off the market as got bored with being asked if I'd sell certain parts off it.

Last Saturday someone got in touch and said his top price was £14k, said that was my lowest so all would be good.

Plagued by texts from then on, he spoke to 1320 who look after the GP for almost one hour, spoke to 2 people who've driven it, it is one of the best known GPs and pics and spec are all over the place on the internet, he insures it and comes this evening to collect it...from Essex to Derby.

Has a look, has a drive, then starts pulling faces.

Says to his missus "It looks stunning and drives beautifully but I'm not sure". To me that translates to wanting money off...not a soddin' chance.

Took the keys back off him, parked it up and wished him a safe drive back to Essex, never been one to be f***ed about :whistle:

What is it with these people??

Nothing worse than been messed about, i think the car looks awesome, Only thing I would say is, people looking for a GP are usually purists, not always but usually. Having a quick look around and there are some with alot less miles and completely standard (easy resale and more collect ability) for less money, As you probably know yourself, modding a car like that wont add value, kind of the same as modding a CSL.

As I said though awesome car!! ;)

pops
04-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Nothing worse than been messed about, i think the car looks awesome, Only thing I would say is, people looking for a GP are usually purists, not always but usually. Having a quick look around and there are some with alot less miles and completely standard (easy resale and more collect ability) for less money, As you probably know yourself, modding a car like that wont add value, kind of the same as modding a CSL.

Thanks, it's gone now :thumbs:

cslsuperfan
04-08-2015, 10:17 PM

Agree with your points.

modding a csl or any other car is generally done as a result of the owner's tastes and use of the car and not to increase the resale value.

Believe me I know ;).

nw99
04-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Struggled to sell my GP Mk1 and Mk2 but both eventually went to honest buyers .. Just a lot of hassle tho.

jpbacs12
04-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks, it's gone now :thumbs:

congrats happy days :)