PDA

View Full Version : NO LONGER FOR SALE 2004 SG, 69k, gutted :(

Steve B
02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Well I'm clearing out the neighbours garage today so I have somewhere even closer to home now to keep her..... So you're all stuck with me :)

Ateve

shimmy
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Steve

GlWs

and is that WGC, im just a stones throw from there!

Steve B
02-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes.... I work on the counter at Bennetts.

I have put the "word out" that I need alternative car parking so fingers crossed something will come off.

Steve

martin770
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Car looks great Steve, good luck with the sale....... Or garage !

mattCSLnut
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM

I have put the "word out" that I need alternative car parking so fingers crossed something will come off.

Steve
Don't do it Steve :( take is for a proper blast and all will be well again :supz: after that put "Wanted Ads" for Cesil storage solutions in various places.

Steve B
02-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I know what you mean... It's bar far the best car I've ever owned in virtually every way, I can keep it at my dads but I won't have easy access to it and the fact I like to use it a lot will be too painful knowing its not on my doorstep and easy to use...

Steve

Yanto
02-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Storing a car is easy Steve if you REALLY want to keep it mate ;)

Steve B
02-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I must admit I am leaning towards leaving her covered up in my dads garage for a while, partly why I've priced her quite high..

Steve

alexk
02-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Storing a car is easy Steve if you REALLY want to keep it mate ;)

I will agree with Yanto (this time ;) ).
Surely you can get parking space in the UK can't you ?

mattCSLnut
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I know what you mean... It's by far the best car I've ever owned in virtually every way, I can keep it at my dads but I won't have easy access to it and the fact I like to use it a lot will be too painful knowing its not on my doorstep and easy to use...

Steve

Might be an idea to call your local council Steve and ask them if they have any empty garages available "To Let" near your home ?

shimmy
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM

Steve

we have met then, i occasionally come into Bennetts and buy latex gloves

cslsuperfan
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM

what you do in your own time is none of our business shimmy!!!!!

Steve B
03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Might be an idea to call your local council Steve and ask them if they have any empty garages available "To Let" near your home ?

I'm on that case......

what you do in your own time is none of our business shimmy!!!!!

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

mattCSLnut
03-07-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm on that case......

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Good man... You know it makes sense :-D

Steve B
04-07-2013, 08:37 AM
"Possible" good news...... Hopefully by this evening I'll have a garage..:supz: Well I hope so as I've just ordered a pair of rear braided brake hoses lol (already got fronts with the BBK)...

Steve

Graham
05-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Lovely motor Steve

Neil M
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Hope all goes well Steve, it only seems like yesterday that you were looking for one!

I never thought I would see that admission in print, "latex gloves". Should have gone for Nitrex, it's the 21st century: http://www.blackmambagloves.co.uk/ :whistle:

shimmy
06-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Hope all goes well Steve, it only seems like yesterday that you were looking for one!

I never thought I would see that admission in print, "latex gloves". Should have gone for Nitrex, it's the 21st century: http://www.blackmambagloves.co.uk/ :whistle:

Steve

Do you sell Nitrex gloves, apparently they are very good for making model aeroplanes.

Steve B
06-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah...... Black or blue..

PS...... Cars still for sale :(

I'm going to leave the advert exclusive to the register until Monday when I'm going to list her on Pistonheads...

Steve

cslsuperfan
06-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Yeah...... Black or blue..

I'm going to leave the advert exclusive to the register until Monday when I'm going to list her on Pistonheads...

Steve

Steve, Autotrader is the way to go or as well as PH....PH tends to attract buyers wanting to part-ex their fiesta!!

mattCSLnut
06-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Steve

I take it renting a local council Garage idea didn't work out for you Steve ? :(

Steve B
07-07-2013, 07:06 AM
There's nothing close enough that I feel happy leaving her in unfortunately...

Steve

sjb
07-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't blame you, when I was looking into a council garage for my '63 Vw campervan a few years back all were at least 20mins from home, damp, asbestos roofs, no electric and built in the '60's, ie wide enough for an old mini ! Not worth the worry of always thinking is it safe.....

Neil M
08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Polarised windscreen (think that's what it's called)

If it's got the lilac tinge, which it appears to in the pics, it called "Comfort Climate" windscreen - the posh option. Polarising is what it does to the suns rays. You should know that you have the Build Data!:thumbs:

It might be interesting to know what percentage of mirror failures with this screen are, as opposed to the conventional tinted Green stripe screen? Q - AlexK!:notworthy:

Steve B
08-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Yep that's the screen I have.....

northernjim
08-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Polarised windscreen (think that's what it's called)

If it's got the lilac tinge, which it appears to in the pics, it called "Comfort Climate" windscreen - the posh option. Polarising is what it does to the suns rays. You should know that you have the Build Data!:thumbs:

It might be interesting to know what percentage of mirror failures with this screen are, as opposed to the conventional tinted Green stripe screen? Q - AlexK!:notworthy:

1st part incorrect, 2nd quite interesting....

Comfort climate windscreens ( the clue is in the name) block infra red light from entering through the windscreen, helping the 'climate' remain 'comfortable'

A polarised windscreen would cost about £5000 I reckon....

Rick H
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
What about a prescription windscreen? Expensive with varifocal / photochromic options?

Mr Connelly had some good ideas :)

Steve B
08-07-2013, 02:59 PM
More importantly...... someone buy my car lol..:smokin:

Neil M
08-07-2013, 03:05 PM

I think you got the gist Steve, without having to discuss the physics of light indices; refraction, reflection, not to mention absorption :hahaha:

northernjim
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM

I would if it had a polarised windscreen :smokin::hahaha::hahaha:

Rick H
08-07-2013, 03:24 PM
polarised windscreen + polarised shades = blackness if you tilt your head a tad too much !

Neil M
08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Vision Express now doing windscreens? :hahaha:

northernjim
08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Don't sell it Steve!:beer:

polarised windscreen + polarised shades = blackness if you tilt your head a tad too much !

precisely...............;)

Steve B
08-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Don't sell it Steve!:beer:

I don't really want to but I'm not leaving her parked outside in all weathers, I clean her every time I come home after going out and it'd kill my OCD having her sitting outside dirty :(

cslgirl
08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't really want to but I'm not leaving her parked outside in all weathers, I clean her every time I come home after going out and it'd kill my OCD having her sitting outside dirty :(

Car cover???:whistle:

RolyGTIR
08-07-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm sure Shimmy has space to store it.... ? You'd need to leave the keys though :whistle:

Don't sell it!

Steve B
09-07-2013, 07:19 PM
A weeks gone by and not 1 call or email..... Reminds me why I either px cars or break them up for spares...!!!

billyboysm3
09-07-2013, 08:14 PM
I recon put car back to standard with CSL exhaust and OEM coloured alloys.

Plus a week isn't a long time, id allow a month and do not drop the price by £500 per week like most people do.

If your desperate to sell then your knackered, if you play the waiting game someone will by the car.

Anyone reading this thread that wants to buy the car will now offer £1500 less.

Ive only sold 3 BMW M3's privately and thats my view.

Steve B
10-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I recon put car back to standard with CSL exhaust and OEM coloured alloys.

I bet the day I do that I get somewhere to store her and haven't got to sell lol...

Steve

billyboysm3
10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Thats what I like!!! Keep it!!!

Graham
10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Are the wheels CH-R's?

Steve B
10-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Are the wheels CH-R's?

They are made by Inovit...

Steve

shane@mbtech
10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Do the standard wheels come with it?

Steve B
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Do the standard wheels come with it?

Unfortunatly not.... I'm open to sensible offers

The parts that come with the car are...
Std Front kidney grills
Std Side vents
Std smg paddles
Std Rear box
1 Spare ign coil (new)
Spare new "salmon" relay
Touch up paint
Std BMW CSL lightweight battery (have a full size battery in the car)
Heavy weight indoor cover (impeccable quality)

shane@mbtech
10-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Where were the services carried out?

Thanks

Steve B
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Pdi - Cooper Thames BMW
Running in - Cooper Thames BMW
Oil Service - Victoria Milton Keynes BMW
Insp 1 - Murketts BMW
Oil Service - Cooper Reading BMW
Insp 2 - Wollaston Motors BMW
Oil Service - Cooper Tunbridge Wells BMW
Insp 2 - St Albans Car Clinic, Independent (I work there occasionally when required, worked there FT and the owner is 1 of my closest friends and I'd trust him/them with all my cars)

I've also updated the main post on page 1...

Steve

shimmy
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Pdi - Cooper Thames BMW
Running in - Cooper Thames BMW
Oil Service - Victoria Milton Keynes BMW
Insp 1 - Murketts BMW
Oil Service - Cooper Reading BMW
Insp 2 - Wollaston Motors BMW
Oil Service - Cooper Tunbridge Wells BMW
Insp 2 - St Albans Car Clinic, Independent (I work there occasionally when required, worked there FT and the owner is 1 of my closest friends and I'd trust him/them with all my cars)

I've also updated the main post on page 1...

Steve

Wooooops.

Steve B
11-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Wooooops.

Care to share the whoops..?? I'm presuming the non fbmwsh..??

shimmy
11-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Care to share the whoops..?? I'm presuming the non fbmwsh..??

Yep, lovely car and I'm sure you'll get a buyer very soon, as it looks mint.

Steve B
11-07-2013, 08:46 AM
There's only 1 garage that my cars will ever be touched....

With the CSL there's 2 other people that I'd trust 1 being an ex Elms Bedford mechanic that now has left to become a Policeman and another friend who owned a CSL for years and now has his own garage (sold the CSL last year to fund this).

Like it says in post 1 the only reason I've put her up for sale is due to loosing it's storage/parking and I'm not prepared to leave her outside, if I find something suitable before the end of July I'll be keeping her as it's by far the best car I've ever owned and for a std car it's hard to beat with a modified car I've ever owned... Plus I REALLY want to take her to the Nurburgring next month when I go to watch WSB :supz:

Steve

Steve

Das Chin
01-08-2013, 07:46 AM
have u still got the standard CSL cup wheels?

why did u change them? They look awesome on cup wheels.

Steve B
01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

No haven't got the standard wheels as I don't particularly like them (don't shoot me down in flames lol)

Steve

Mike R
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Weirdo ;).

Steve B
01-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Weirdo ;).

:gayfight:

mattCSLnut
01-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Weirdo ;).

:gayfight:

Get a room you two :gayfight: ;)

Steve B
01-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Get a room you two :gayfight: ;)

Be careful there's room for 1 more xx

shane@mbtech
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
You don't like the standard wheels, so you bought identical wheels in black with a gay stripe?:gayfight:

Steve B
01-08-2013, 01:55 PM
You don't like the standard wheels, so you bought identical wheels in black with a gay stripe?:gayfight:

You're not the 1st person to say that lol

mattCSLnut
01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Be careful there's room for 1 more xx

Errrmmm... :smt100 :wink:

portlandgrey
01-08-2013, 03:39 PM

What are cup wheels?

deanobeano
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
What are cup wheels?

I think they look like this: